Sherpa Boat Trailer Winch
✓ Fast Shipping + Order tracking
✓ Lowest Price Match Guarantee
✓ Free Extended Warranty
Order in the next 3 hours 2 minutes to get it between -
Sherpa 4x4 Electric 8000lbs Boat Trailer Winch
Finally, a high-quality and powerful trailer winch has been designed and built with the purpose task of winching boats and vehicles onto trailers. Not only are these winches fast and strong, but they also come with some exciting features which set them apart from anything else on the market.
- Available in 12 or 24 Volt
- Genuine Albright solenoid electrics
- 10m of webbing suits boats and vehicles of all sizes
- Electronic brake design ensures positive engagement
Electric Boat Trailer Winch
- High speed for faster recoveries
- 316 stainless steel fittings, cross members, and drum
- Albright heavy-duty solenoid as standard
- Waterproof hoist-style hand remote control with the optional wireless kit.
- Quality Sherpa 4x4 construction and components
About the Winch
This winch has been custom designed and built essentially for one operation, winching boats onto trailers. For years the world has been putting up with cheap and nasty Chinese winches which probably work for a small tinny, but quickly fail if your boat is a decent size and weight. Any half-decent winches out there on the market are slow and just don't deliver value for money.
Sherpa 4x4 has used its extensive knowledge of the winch and hoisting industry to build a task-specific boat trailer winch. This winch is different from anything else on the market and will outperform the competition. Designed to rival the homemade winches you sometimes see professional fishermen using with starter motors and large flywheels, the Sherpa winch delivers similar high performance from a compact, safe, and low-maintenance design.
- Motor - A 6hp series wound heavy-duty motor is used to drive the winch. Using a large oversized motor means the winch is hard working and therefore runs cooler and as a result lasts longer. Yes for a large motor you need large cables, however, this is covered and the winch is supplied with a wiring kit that allows a good power supply from your vehicle's engine bay to the rear of your vehicle, through a high amperage plug and into your winch.
- Tough & Durable - The tooling from the Sherpa 4x4 winches has been reused meaning you are getting the strength and build quality from a proven quality offroad winch in a boat trailer winch. Sherpa uses aluminum winch bodies making their winches lighter and resistance to corrosion without sacrificing strength.
- Braking Design - Sherpa winches are known for their superior brake designs with their 4x4 winches housing the brake in the gearbox. For the boat trailer winch, a completely new design has been incorporated and now the brake is moved to the motor. The brake design is electric meaning the brake is released when you 'winch in' or 'winch out', however, activates as soon as you release the button. This design makes for a very strong and fully controlled winch brake design and it is well suited to the operating environments of boat trailer winches.
- Quality gearbox - A new gearbox ratio has been designed and built specifically to optimize the boat trailer winches operation. These are high-quality cut gears not sintered steel like your cheap winches. The selected ratio is a good balance between speed, pulling power, and balancing amperage draw.
- Electrics - Sherpa only use the highest quality genuine Albright solenoids across their full range of winches and this has been continued in their boat trailer winch. Customers demand reliability and performance and Albright delivers with the electrical components on this winch.
- Powerful- These winches have been designed to still achieve 3500lb of vertical lifting capacity on their most outer layer making them suitable for hauling large heavy boats up ramps. This winch will retrieve boats weighing up to 5.5 T on a 45-degree inclined ramp without having to double-line pull.
- Simplicity - The Sherpa boat trailer winches are supplied with everything needed to mount and wire the winch at home. Whilst we recommend the services of an auto-electrical to safely run the cables, instructions and components are supplied in the box to make installation a breeze. Generous cabling is supplied in the box to suit large 4x4s such as the 200 series Landcruiser however longer cabling can be provided on request for larger American-style trucks.
- Warranty and Parts - 5-Year warranty. A complete range of spare parts is also available in Australia if ever required.
Genuine Albright Solenoids
All Sherpa 4x4 winches come with genuine Albright solenoids! Incorporated into our electrics is a custom-made version of the DC88P solenoid designed specifically by Albright International for the Sherpa 4x4 control boxes. With 70 years experienced in contactor design, these are by far the best winch solenoids available. Capable of handling up to 800 amps, almost twice the maximum capacity of the winch. Contact plating is second to none, increasing the duty cycle over other winches. As seen in our water submersion testing videos the Albright solenoids can be run for a significant time under water without moisture ingress. The cheap Chinese solenoids used in the majority of winches will fail under extreme conditions and under high amperage load.
- - 'Plug n Play' Wireless remote kits
- - Sherpa 4x4 recommends the use of a battery isolation switch on all installations. A 500A continuous-rated switch suitable with Sherpa 4x4 winches can also be supplied.
Boat Trailer Winch Technical Details
|Rating||Boat weighing up to 5,500kg|
|Vertical Lift Capacity||8,000lb (3,600kg)|
|Motor||6.0hp series wound (12V or 24V options)|
|Gears||Power In, Power Out and free spool|
|Gear reduction ratio||3 stage planetary gearbox|
10m of heavy duty 50mm webbing strap rated to 11,000lb
|Mounting Bolt Diameter||11.2mm|
|Drum Size (Dia x Length)||64mm x 50mm|
|Mounting Bolt Pattern||87mm x 114.3mm|
|Clutch||180 degree turn, free spooling, slide ring gear|
|Brake||Electric in motor|
|Solenoid||Albright International Heavy Duty 800 amp mounted in control box|
Includes ample cable to run from engine bay to tow bar on a Toyota Landcruiser 200 series. Additional length can be provided for American vehicles on request.
Includes heavy duty plug set from vehicle to trailer
Waterproof hand remote with 5m lead
Winch and control box mounting hardware and brackets
Performance Data for 12V Boat Winch
|Line Pull (Lb)||Line Speed (m/min)||Motor Current (A)|
Sherpa 4x4 Winch Testing
Salt Water Submersion Test